DIY van

J.REEVES
Rising star

Re: DIY van

Post by J.REEVES » Mon May 16, 2011 12:11 pm

Hi Robert,
The cupboards are looking good, like those little buttons on the doors!

JR
:razz:

millsy
Confident

Post by millsy » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:13 pm

Lovely job Robert, I can work out most of the layout but can you post a plan layout sketch please? To give a better prospective of the van. Cheers mate. :)
Millsy....Territory towing a Blue Sky pop top

robali
An old hand

Post by robali » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:55 am

Hi All,

Well it is DONE, apart from getting it weighted and registered and a few small things.

Hi Millsy, thank you for that, the lay out is simple at rear is double bed and shower, on off side of van is small three draw cupboard then fridge then small(ish) pantry, other side is sink with convection microwave under it, then step, at front is club lounge with bunks, the club lounge also is used as beds as well.

Here are some photos, the outside is flashed and finished and the bunks have been rewoked out of ally instead of the timber and even hold my my fat a@$, the seating has been covered, just need to fill them out with a dacron type product and it just fits out under the roller door, but i have to let the tyres down a bit, due to not allowing for hatch in my working out.

Cheers Robert.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

robali
An old hand

Post by robali » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:57 am

couple more.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

millsy
Confident

Post by millsy » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:25 pm

Looks a million dollars Rob, lucky you can let the tyres down or you would have to raise the roof :lol:
Millsy....Territory towing a Blue Sky pop top

J.REEVES
Rising star

Post by J.REEVES » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:35 pm

Hi Robert,
That full outside view looks great and it certainly looks like the ally bed frame will as you say even hold you.
I notice you have used the Fiamma roof hatch, must better quality a very good hatch.

Hope all goes well when getting the rego done.

P.S. you could fit an air suspension only another eight grand and just lower the van when you need to go in and out.

JR

robali
An old hand

Post by robali » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:02 am

Hi JR,

Yes i can fit the air bag suspension, but you will have to ask the Minster of WAR for the $$$ as i certainly wont be. I think she is at the end of the money line as far as the van goes.

Can you tell me if it would be hard to fit shockers to it?

Cheers Robert.

J.REEVES
Rising star

Post by J.REEVES » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:38 pm

Hi Robert,
Do you mean can you fit shocks to your suspension?
From memory not sure if you have the load sharing leaf springs which usually do not have shocks on most vans with that type of suspension.

Not saying you can’t fit shocks but try it first before spending the money. I would expect fitting shocks would not be that simple but could be done!

JR

robali
An old hand

Post by robali » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:58 pm

Hi all,

Well I had my van weighted to day, and it came in at 1780 KG, this includes two 105 Ah batteries, awning, annex, rafters for annex, house hold split system air conditioner and bike carrier on a frame, the ball weight was 120 KG.

Can anyone give a ruff idea how much two 82lt water tanks would weight when full. I noticed this towed better than our Goldstream which weighted around 1300 KG, this may be due to the Goldstream been single axle and this van been a tandem.

Cheers Robert.

Cyclone
Rising star

Post by Cyclone » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:49 pm

Hi robali,
Water weighs 1gram per ml so 1lt=1KG. 82lt = 82KG
Cyclone

Nissan Y62 TI Patrol.
Crusader D-Lite

Return to “DIY RVs”