DIY van

robali
An old hand

Re: DIY van

Post by robali » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:40 pm

some more...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

robali
An old hand

Post by robali » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:42 pm

some more....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

robali
An old hand

Post by robali » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:44 pm

some more

J.REEVES
Rising star

Post by J.REEVES » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:05 pm

Gee Robert,
I thought you did a test on the plumbing for leaks, good idea covering the hole with an access door lucky you found the spot where the plumbing joins were even though that was not the leak.

I will be a bit negative and ask about the join in the red water line right next to a ‘T’ joint, did you cut the line to short and needed to add a bit more pipe?

A Bunnings table will certainly do the job you are right about some of those fold up tables, especially the ones with table and chairs all in one.

All that aside going well you should be bush camping before you know it.

JR
:razz:

adrvan
Been here for a while

Post by adrvan » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:12 pm

hey robali
sure is looking good are they solid drawer fronts what timber have you used
i did the same thing on the back wall of the shower plumbing access to to all taps and shower head
keep the picks coming i will try and re post a few of mine wheni remember how to add a photo
well done
cheers andrew

brickus
Avid poster

Post by brickus » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:24 pm

Hi Rob,
I bet you can smell the end in sight. Keep up the good work.
My wife and I do some markets and we bought a couple of these off eBay and also use one when we go in the van. Fold in half and are plenty strong enough. Not sure of the price from Bunnings, they may not be a bargain on eBay after all. This one is $98 I think but I did see another for $59.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Folding-Trestle- ... 3a64a2da13
Regards brickus
Bad men flourish when Good men do nothing!
There are 3 types of people. Those that make things happen, those that watch things happen and those that say "What the #%@+! happened?"
A man lucky enough to live near a river is lucky enough.

robali
An old hand

Post by robali » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:37 am

Hi All,

JR, i must say NOTHING gets passed you does it...... You should be the Aussie wicket keeper, or would you like to be our goaile for the ice hockey team i play for. I have photos of eveything so i printed one of so i could get the right spot. Yes i had to join the pipe as i cut it a small amount whilst i was removing outer wall, the best way i found to cut the Monopan was with a sharp stanley knife blade the only problem is the blade is just to short to cut all the wall through, so i have to finish the inside cut by pushing a carving knife through the cut and pushing it throught the inside piece of fiberglass and as a result i cut the pipe. The test on the plumbing was only done last week, just didnt get time to do it earlier.

Adrvan, the timber is paulownia, i have built the draws out of it as well, this may prove to be a mistake as the timber is VERY soft, but the reason i used it, is it is VERY light, i am now glad i have put access door in wall for plumbing as i can keep an eye on it now, unlike the bought vans, you dont know you have a problem till it becomes a BIG problem.

Brickus, the tables i have used are the same as that one only smaller, as they will fit long ways against the annex back wall, plus been at the back of the van the weight of the other big ones may have been to much.

Cheers Robert.

robali
An old hand

Post by robali » Sun May 15, 2011 6:50 pm

Hi all,

Just about finished all cabinet work and the table is also done foam has gone off to be covered by friend of mine, not to much left to do, have got my vin number and fingers crossed will be ready for school holidays to test it all out.

Cheers Robert.

robali
An old hand

Post by robali » Sun May 15, 2011 6:51 pm

some more..

robali
An old hand

Post by robali » Sun May 15, 2011 6:52 pm

some more..

Return to “DIY RVs”