Cabana styled 10 footer, Buster Lugnut 4000

rusty69911
I'm new, be nice!

Cabana styled 10 footer, Buster Lugnut 4000

Post by rusty69911 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:10 am

Gday all,
some great info on this forum,
van layout.PNG
this is a little project I've been wanting to build for a couple of years, I have the chassis and that's about it,
got waylaid with other projects and a 65 valiant alumvan resto which is now on the market,
plan is to make frame from 25x25x1.4 gal SHS, skin it with Alucobond upper and propeller plate on the lower,
inside will just be poly ply,
looked at a jack knife bed couch but to keep costs down I will prob just build a slide out bed couch, keep it simple,
I have an old cabana van fold out so I may start resto on that first to stabilize it, this will fold out to make a king size bed,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Gerry M
Cracked the big time

Re: Cabana styled 10 footer, Buster Lugnut 4000

Post by Gerry M » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:04 pm

Hi Rusty,
you will need to resize your graphic to be like this:

Rusty.jpg
Regards
Gerry
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2015 Isuzu MU-X LST
16 Ft Billabong Grove

dieseltojo
Major contributor

Re: Cabana styled 10 footer, Buster Lugnut 4000

Post by dieseltojo » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:41 am

Great project. I built one years ago with a pop top and a double bed each end. Showers weren't invented in them days. :) But with 2 kids we had plenty of room as it was the old 11 foot long packed up.
All the best with it.
Even made my own 40 litre Ice box.
I don't have a side on view, but the top of the bed lifted up once the canvas was unfixed . The base of the bed lifted up and then the bed top raised up. The bed top then became the exterior wall in transit.

Took me 6 months to build based on a set of Bedford 15 inch wheels with brake included. Made the axle fro 50 mm steam pipe. :)
I now have to note that I cannot accept ownership, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

Return to “DIY RVs”