york in york

Bussy
An old hand

Re: york in york

Post by Bussy » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:25 am

Keep up the good work Joe and keep them pics coming. Love sitting back and watching someone else do all the work.

I used the Clipsal 2000 series 240v AC light switches for my DC stuff. Mainly because it would all look matching inside the van and you can buy these just about anywhere in Aust. Nothing worse than having a switch mounted in a spot and it fails then if you cannot source the same one the substitute has a different hole size, square or round etc. The clipsal face plates are cheap and you can buy the switch mech's bulk in boxes of 10.

Cheers - Allan
Computer Engineer. 200Series TTD Altitude SE with TAJ in tow.
Home built 21.6ft off-roader "The Taj Mah AL".
Steel Chassis, Simplicity Suspension, Aluminium Frame.
Paulownia Cabinetry, 800 W solar.
Its finished, now WE retire.

jailbar joe
Been here for a while

Post by jailbar joe » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:33 pm

thanks for the good words allan.....you just sit back and enjoy the ride...after your build,you deserve it...you have earned your stripes :D
all my interior lights are self igniters...built in switch save running a lot of wires

been a bit busy to do photo stuff so next couple of days will be back on to it
cheers
joe

getting old is inevitable.....growing up is optional

jailbar joe
Been here for a while

Post by jailbar joe » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:34 pm

finall able to bring this thread up to date...
158.jpg
the thetford toilet is fitted up but not bolted down as yet...the plumbing from underneath is nearly done and just sorting out the wiring
159.jpg
on the drivers side we have the 12v hot water unit
160.jpg
this is the view of the shower from outside on the drivers side....and associated plumbing
161.jpg
the hotwater service and pump instalation on the inside under the sink/stove
162.jpg
the bathroom with toilet in it's spot...again ..yet to be finished
163.jpg
the shower in all it's glory...i had no choice but to do the plumbing this way and the woodwork frame you see is half height of the shower
with the top half stepped out 50mm to give me room for the plumbing and unfortunately the shower head will face you as you enter the shower....
not the ideal but had no choice...will have to learn to live with it i guess
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cheers
joe

jailbar joe
Been here for a while

Post by jailbar joe » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:46 pm

165.jpg
from the kitchen area looking into the bathroom....
166.jpg
as you enter the van between the entrance and the bathroom i used this space for a cupboard/wardrobe....should be able to hang my shorts in there :lol:
167.jpg
the kitchen sink /cupboards are in place but the cupboard underneath is only temp till all the plumbing is sorted
168.jpg
above the sink is the range hood with built in light
169.jpg
the over head cupboards along the drivers side wall....all the cupboards at this point have no doors till i work out what i am doing
170.jpg
overheads along passenger side of van
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cheers
joe

jailbar joe
Been here for a while

Post by jailbar joe » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:04 pm

172.jpg
foot lockers...this will be the support for the fold down bed once the cushions are in place (made) i thought having fold down doors for the front
of the seats was a cool idea.....but....my present thought is to blank the front of them off with a decorative panel and i will now hinge the top
of the seat and access them from above
173.jpg
the leading locker/seat on the passenger side will house my 12v battery and charger....
i have come to realise that because i will not be using this van for extended travels (at this point) i have more than sufficient storage space
174.jpg
now this panel has been a contant source of concern for a quite some time,....it is the bottom of the bed frame......i had no idea how it was going
to work out,so i have been dreading it.....but yesterday i spent a bit of time on it and i am glad to say it is going to work out alot easier
than i thought....i won't go into detail till after it is done....just in case......
175.jpg
175.jpg
the passenger side of the van as you can see i have roughly run wires to get a bit of a feel for where they are going to go...
and that pretty well sums up where i am up to as of today.....jst hope all the pics don't disappear again :roll:
thanks for looking in
cheers
joe

jailbar joe
Been here for a while

Post by jailbar joe » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:10 pm

not sure what happened there but seem to have left one out...just hope it still makes sense...
164.jpg
this is the internal look of the shower
cheers
joe

jailbar joe
Been here for a while

Post by jailbar joe » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:30 pm

hello all i am back with a meagre offering of pics.....
below is how i seal the corners ...because i gave up on the plastic strips..i find this method a lot easier and neater
176.jpg
a lot of tapping off and then just caulk it with a white silicon...can't remember the name off hand
177.jpg
as you can see it leaves a very nice smooth finish
178.jpg
179.jpg
180.jpg
i am more than happy with that method and have nearly finished the van....just need some waterproof ply for the bathroom area and i am done
that was the good news
now for the bad news (for me) a bit over a week ago i fell off the back of a truck...my mates campervan that i was helping him with and
unfortunately landed right on my shoulder with all my weight...bugger...after a week and a half of doctors and hospitals it looks like i will
be off for up to 6 months

at this point i have very limited use of my left arm and am in constant pain...so not much will be happening on the van (or my mates campervan) for
quite some time...to say i am bored already is an understatement....so for anybody that is interested the thread has not been abandoned....
will add something ????? when i can
thanks for following along
cheers
joe

KeithB
Been here for a while

Post by KeithB » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:57 pm

Sorry to hear that Joe. Sounds awful. Are you getting any physio for the shoulder? Anti-inflammatories and ice packs?
Can you tell that I'm married to a physio?
Hope it improves soon.
What tool did you use to get the silicone (or whatever it was) looking so nice?
Keith

jailbar joe
Been here for a while

Post by jailbar joe » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:41 pm

hi keith

thanks for your concern i have tried/doing all you suggested but i am not married to a physio....but i listen to all the opinions my wife has.....does that count,
just got to cool my heels for a bit :roll:

the magic tool i used for the silicone was my finger....no big secret to getting it looking good......
just tape both sides of the joint and a small bead of silicone/whatever then after dipping my finger in a container of water with heaps of dishwashing,
liquid.....i just run my finger along the bead and wash the excess off my finger and peel the tape off.

this leaves a small shoulder on the silicone....then dip finger on soapy solution and run finger along the bead again....just once....this flattens out the shoulder on the bead,
now just leave it alone...do not over play with it and thats it....pretty easy.

the container of water with plenty of dishwashing liquid is probably the secret to it.....AND....not over working it
cheers
joe

KeithB
Been here for a while

Post by KeithB » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:06 pm

Thanks Joe. I have been spraying dilute soapy water on it and getting a real mess.

Return to “DIY RVs”