Wanted: 20 -24 ft Caravan Plans

hethgf
I'm new, be nice!

Wanted: 20 -24 ft Caravan Plans

Post by hethgf » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:30 pm

Hi Members.
I am planning to build a 24 ft Van from scratch, and am wondering if any members has a set of plans that I may be able to purchase. I am not a CAD person.
I`m not to concerned about the interior layout, but would love to have a set of plans for the walls, ends, roof etc.
Regards.
Hetho.

robali
An old hand

Re: Wanted: 20 -24 ft Caravan Plans

Post by robali » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:39 pm

Hi Hetho,

If you are only 1/2 serious about building a van you will learn CAD even at the most basic level it will save you more than just time it will save you money and heart ach trust me I know......

As far as plans go I reckon you will find the wall plans are suited to the vans layout, IE hatch doors, toilet access door, windows and even the main door, the plans for the walls will be designed around these needs. I would at a guess stud centres would be around 400mm to 450mm with 3 to 4 noggins between them again depending on other fixtures going on walls.

The roof and ends would be the same I would think.

Cheers Robert.

Milton477
Been here for a while

Post by Milton477 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:37 pm

Been waiting with bated breath to see if any plans surface. I haven't been able to find any & have resorted to looking at what others have built for inspiration.

I have been using CAD both professionally & for my DIY projects & cannot be without it. Well worth learning.

Good luck
Rory

hethgf
I'm new, be nice!

Post by hethgf » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:39 pm

robali wrote:Hi Hetho,

If you are only 1/2 serious about building a van you will learn CAD even at the most basic level it will save you more than just time it will save you money and heart ach trust me I know......

As far as plans go I reckon you will find the wall plans are suited to the vans layout, IE hatch doors, toilet access door, windows and even the main door, the plans for the walls will be designed around these needs. I would at a guess stud centres would be around 400mm to 450mm with 3 to 4 noggins between them again depending on other fixtures going on walls.

The roof and ends would be the same I would think.

Cheers Robert.

hethgf
I'm new, be nice!

Post by hethgf » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:44 pm

Milton477 wrote:Been waiting with bated breath to see if any plans surface. I haven't been able to find any & have resorted to looking at what others have built for inspiration.

I have been using CAD both professionally & for my DIY projects & cannot be without it. Well worth learning.

Good luck
Rory

Bussy
An old hand

Post by Bussy » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:41 pm

Hi HETHO,

What are you going to build the van out of, timber, Aluminium, other?
I may be able to help if I knew what you had in mind.

Cheers,
ALLAN
Computer Engineer. 200Series TTD Altitude SE with TAJ in tow.
Home built 21.6ft off-roader "The Taj Mah AL".
Steel Chassis, Simplicity Suspension, Aluminium Frame.
Paulownia Cabinetry, 800 W solar.
Its finished, now WE retire.

Return to “DIY RVs”