Broken Hill

Tell us of the amazing Parks and Places you've stayed at
fatninja
Confident

Broken Hill

Post by fatninja » Mon May 20, 2019 7:36 pm

Well seems the confidence levels lifted somewhat for us and we ended up in Broken Hill for a few days, what an amazing place!
The Top Parks Broken Hill Tourist Park we stayed at was fantastic, we ended up booking a powered onsuite site and we found all very comfortable.
I am sure many members here will have visited this town but if any have not and are considering, please do yourself a favor and do so.
Being members of our local Cemetery trust we found the Broken Hill and the Silverton Pioneer Cemeteries most fascinating, many old explorer, miner and pioneers grave sites to pause upon.
The heritage of this area is amazing and we enjoyed the mine tours and such on offer.
Just watch out for the wild goats and other assorted wild life on the roads.
Cheers, FN.
2016 Ford Territory

1998 Roadstar Vacationer

Gerry M
Cracked the big time

Re: Broken Hill

Post by Gerry M » Mon May 20, 2019 8:39 pm

Getting around FN.

Quite partial to visiting cemeteries myself.

Have ever noticed that a number of husbands and wives departed this earth almost exactly 1 year apart?

Regards
Gerry
2015 Isuzu MU-X LST
16 Ft Billabong Grove

Motherhen
Cracked the big time

Post by Motherhen » Mon May 20, 2019 8:40 pm

Broken Hill area has so much to offer. We spent some days there and didn't see it all. We did get to see around Silverton and Menindee. I have detailed Travelogues on Australia So Much to See. The in-town caravan parks did not appeal to us, but we enjoyed staying out at the Racecourse, and the quiet environment there. With only limited places permitted, booking ahead is essential.
This information was brought to you by Australia so Much to See. See this and more on an informative travel website

Motherhen

Red Desert Dreaming

fatninja
Confident

Post by fatninja » Wed May 22, 2019 6:21 pm

Gerry M wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 8:39 pm

Have ever noticed that a number of husbands and wives departed this earth almost exactly 1 year apart?

Regards
Gerry
Sure is Gerry, I have told my missus if she carks it before me to keep the engine warm cause I probably wont be long after.
2016 Ford Territory

1998 Roadstar Vacationer

dogbox
Avid poster

Post by dogbox » Thu May 23, 2019 2:13 pm

Gerry M wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 8:39 pm
Getting around FN.

Quite partial to visiting cemeteries myself.

Regards
Gerry
makes one feel sad at all the young kids buried it must have been a hard life being a early settler outback

fatninja
Confident

Post by fatninja » Thu May 23, 2019 8:26 pm

Hard times indeed, there was no fruit, no healthcare, no vegetables really thereabouts then, malnutrition and even clean water accessability saw the end of many pioneer outback children, the cemeteries have graves of these poor children and families.
One pauses and reflects sadly with them all.
2016 Ford Territory

1998 Roadstar Vacationer

Return to “Great places to stay”