It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Burleigh Heads Tourist Park 

Post Burleigh Heads Tourist Park
Hi All,

Stayed a week at the above mentioned tourist park from Xmas eve though to the following Friday and really enjoyed the location as it was close to the beach..1 minute walk across the road from the park, nice scenic walk around Burleigh mountain. Shops and restaurants within an easy 5 mins walk and larger shopping centre about a 5 min drive. Huge shopping mall mecca at Robina about a 15 min drive. Decided to visit Fleays Wildlife Park which we thought was well worth the money - about $25.00 per adult..not sure what the pensioner rates were. Great value and half the price of a visit to it's big brother - Currumbin Wildlife which we had been to before.

More details on the van park... lucky enough to get in on a cancellation and who can argue with being so close to the beach. Not a huge park as they go but we really enjoyed our stay, apart from our site being underneath a large tree which dropped small branches and with birds doing what they do which meant quite a clean up of the van roof, bed end flies, annex upon our return home. If we had booked earlier in the year we would have tried for an open site..but beggars can't be choosy hey. Toilet/shower block blocks were modern and cleaned twice a day and showers were wide with plenty of room to move about in. Ample rubbish bins around the park which were also emptied daily, which gave the impression of a clean, well managed park.

Some might say it was expensive and we couldn't really argue with that at $70.00 for two per night..but this was during Xmas peak season and was a treat for ourselves.

Highlights for our stay was not only a daily beach swim and multiple walks, but happy hour up on the grassy side of Burleigh mountain having a pizza or whatever, sipping on an ale, rumbo or a glass of red..and not to mention that great view, was just a magic way to finish each day.

Cheers
Rob

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:40 pm

Post Re: Burleigh Heads Tourist Park
Few more pics

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:43 pm

Last few

Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:49 pm

Looks great Rob, and nice pics. At $70-00 a night I reckon not expensive for the time and place.
I have friends that go north for three months at a time each year, and that is all in that area or up at Hervey Bay for some of the time.

Beats sitting at home watching the telly... :)

I now have to note that I cannot accept owners ship, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:15 am

When we were younger a lot younger we used to stay in a flat unit overlooking that caravan park with our kids which were kids then. I remember it looked like it got very packed and lots of tents but now looks like it is more up market.

Very nice,
JR
:razz:

Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:35 am

We used to stay in some units up in one of the back streets behind the Burleigh shops. Used to be a two story job with coloured doors by memory. Went and a look but long since gone.
While the park has a modern toilet /shower/reception block...the park itself still looks fairly original...apart from the villas I think ?
Pity anyone who thinks staying in one of those at peak season would be any cheaper that the surrounding hotels.
Think a quote we got was $2300 for seven days !!

Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]