Caravan shows

Check out what you can see next or tell us about an upcoming event.
dieseltojo
Major contributor

Re: Caravan shows

Post by dieseltojo » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:46 pm

Some how things just arn't done right. The tickets from CIL don't allow for a pensioners deduction. But that's ok, the entry for two cost me a Princely $20-00.
I haven't been on a train in a while and that cost around $12-00 to get there on public transport for two people including "Bus to station, Tram to Melbourne, change lines at Finders St to Newmarket, tram to the show grounds. and the same all the way home like 40 kays all up.

No wonder the Guvermnt is going broke..... :)

The train though, stops right at the show , but only on Saturday and Sunday. Of course CIL offer are only valid Thurs, Fri, And Monday, Making it essential to get of the train and go by tram the last couple of kays.

Every thing comes with a twist hey!

Please don't think I am whinging here, just giving the details of what to expect. I know it might turn some off the idea of going this way....Look upon it as an adventure. If you don't you will only get lost. As the Stop for the show off the tram was not clearly posted and you better have you twits about you, or you will go past it. :)
I now have to note that I cannot accept owners ship, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

dieseltojo
Major contributor

Post by dieseltojo » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:58 pm

Hi Jdog, You beat me by a few minutes to post... :)

We had a nice few hours as we had no intent to purchase any thing and I came away with a couple of plastic wine glasses.

I am happy to see the dark wood grain walls getting the flick, but now the fashion is to go all white..... I like that some very nice laminates break that up.
I liked the Cell vans as they have curved ceilings which repel water and also add strength.

I also notice that on full height vans the separation areas go to the ceiling. That has to add a bit of rigidity to the design. But scenic and Franklin had this 20 years ago.

I thought Scenic was busted, but it was only the Dandenong yard that closed apparently. They seem to be made in Campbellfield along with the other 80% od vans in Australia.
I now have to note that I cannot accept owners ship, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top

jessdogster
Cracked the big time

Post by jessdogster » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:33 pm

G'day DT
Yep, agreed...had a good look at the Cell vans. Loved the island kitchen idea which gave a very roomy and modern feel when the big slide was moved out. These guys really know how to use space.
I also noticed the varying internal ceiling heights which obviously is not a standard measurement. I'm 6' and found that on some of the vans I felt like ducking to get under the AC units.
I really liked what manufacturers are doing with LED lighting in their vans to accentuate cupboards or design features. Majestic caravan mirrors had LEDs surrounding their mirrors with the on/off press switch as a small LED circle in the mirror itself - very tricky.
I'm now in the process of shuffling thru the 200 odd advertising brochures we collected along the way.
cheers
Jdog

Jay&dee
Cracked the big time

Post by Jay&dee » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:46 pm

Caravan show on in Brisbane 8th to 13th June
Refer to link below

http://www.thegreynomads.com.au/events/ ... iday-show/
Jay&Dee

dieseltojo
Major contributor

Post by dieseltojo » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:26 pm

I am happy to see this thread go back so far.
I see a pic of my old mate OJ still in the intro there, I used to have a good old chinwag with OZ John.
1929 Pop Top

dieseltojo
Major contributor

Post by dieseltojo » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:16 am

Just a reminder ...Leasurfest is on from this Thurs 6 October at the Sanddown race course in Vic.

It's a good venue for folks that side of the city as the big show from Caulfield has been moved to inner Melbourne show grounds.

I am going for a new external folding towel rack......needed an excuse. :)
1929 Pop Top

TramcarTrev
Cracked the big time

Post by TramcarTrev » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:28 am

dieseltojo wrote: I am going for a new external folding towel rack......needed an excuse. :)
One of those concertina (scissors action) style ones???
Do let us know if you find one thats any good, I bought one and it literally fell to bits...
Blogs;

http://trevs-tramway.blogspot.com.au/
I do have a travel blog for Australia and Asia. Acess it through my profile.

dieseltojo
Major contributor

Post by dieseltojo » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:10 am

Hi TT,
I have a small one that you fold out from the centre and the rails slide out. Only small but very use full. looking to put one on the off side of the van as well as some times the sun is on the wrong side of the van. :)
1929 Pop Top

dieseltojo
Major contributor

Post by dieseltojo » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:47 am

I just found a pic with the clothes line in it.
The supporting rods slide in and the thing folds in to a 50 mm width. I don't know if they are still available though.

1929 Pop Top

dieseltojo
Major contributor

Post by dieseltojo » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:41 am

1929 Pop Top

Return to “Events & Exhibitions”