Caravan shows

Check out what you can see next or tell us about an upcoming event.
jessdogster
Cracked the big time

Re: Caravan shows

Post by jessdogster » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:12 pm

BandB wrote:Bev, Bev & Bev. For you and two heads. Think about it. You would be better served saving you shiny shells and pelts ( or whatever you use for currency) and flying to Melbourne or even Sydney for the BIG shows.

Plan to spend 2 -3 days and you will see everything available to the RV'r. You literally have everything laid out for you and if you're ready to spend some Australian currency ( we tend to use that up this way) you may score a great deal.

There is no hope you would ever get anything like a big show in Tassie.

Sorry, facts of life and all that. :mrgreen:

PS. I love Tasmania, and the locals :D
Careful BandB
Bev posted in 2010 and it took you 18 months to respond! :shock:
Nothing like being on the ball or are things really travelling that slow in NSW? ;-)
It goes to show, you can tell a New South Welshman - but you can't tell em much :mrgreen:
cheers
Jdog

sheza
On a roll

Post by sheza » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:49 pm

Hi there Bev,
SURPRISE, surprise, there is a caravan/camping show on this coming weekend (6-8 September) at the Silverdome in Lonny. We only found out about it through the week. Apparently it is a combined fundraiser for the local sailing club and one of the service clubs. At least its all under cover, and the organisers have been to the 'mainland' shows to see what kind of exhibitors to have there. So we are happily trundling off to see the show. It wont be anywhere near as big as mainland ones, BUT at least someone has got their finger out and done something about it.
Cheers,
Sheza. :o :shock:

Frank & Brenda
Major contributor
Location: Aldinga Beach SA (in the Fleurieu peninsula)12 Mistubishi Triton, 1996 J-co DISCOVERY 18' poptop

Post by Frank & Brenda » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:09 pm

Hope it all goes well for you and it starts the ball rolling to more shows for you

hank
Cracked the big time

Post by hank » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:51 pm

Caravan show at Penrith Panthers this coming weekend as well.

Hank
Hank and Sue
2012 Prado GXL 3L Turbo Diesel
2010 Royal Flair 21ft Designer series

dieseltojo
Major contributor

Post by dieseltojo » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:24 pm

The big Caulfield show is on this year at the show grounds in Melbourne.

http://www.caravanshow.com.au/

CIL is offering a free ticket if you are a member and activate their yellow card. So two will get in for $ 20-00.

I notice that the usual old folks entry works out to be $34-00 for two, so a saving towards the train fare if that is your choice.
Any way this way, I get in for the price of a single ticket. I notice that there is no concession on that single ticket , but its ok over all.

To them what hate the show, wouldn't go in a fit, have seen it all, have everything....that's ok, don't stress. :)

Just saying I haven't been for a few years and will give it another shot at a new venue.
I now have to note that I cannot accept ownership, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

Frank & Brenda
Major contributor
Location: Aldinga Beach SA (in the Fleurieu peninsula)12 Mistubishi Triton, 1996 J-co DISCOVERY 18' poptop

Post by Frank & Brenda » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:34 pm

We're going this year for a look see, don't need to buy anything but we haven't been for a few years

we'll be going on Saturday the 20th if anyone wants to catch up

dieseltojo
Major contributor

Post by dieseltojo » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:41 am

Ahh, that's what I forgot, my tickets are only valid for mid week, we are going on the Friday.
Pity as i would have liked to set up a meet Frank. :)
I now have to note that I cannot accept ownership, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

Gerry M
An old hand

Post by Gerry M » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:33 pm

dieseltojo wrote:Ahh, that's what I forgot, my tickets are only valid for mid week, we are going on the Friday.
Pity as i would have liked to set up a meet Frank. :)
Why not see if you can Free Camp overnight? :D
2015 Isuzu MU-X LST
16 Ft Billabong Grove

jessdogster
Cracked the big time

Post by jessdogster » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:08 am

We're on holidays at the time and have decided to cross the ditch and go for the first time - probably Thursday
Hey Frank, if you go on Saturday the 20th - you'll be the only one there :lol:
cheers
Jdog

jessdogster
Cracked the big time

Post by jessdogster » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:43 pm

Re-crossed the ditch today after spending all Thursday and half of Friday (would not of got away with any more and was pushing it at that :shock: ) at the show. It was our first show and really enjoyed it.

Friday was spent picking up the 'bargains' including a new Hayman Reese weight distribution set-up (with free ball weight scale thrown in + freight to Tas) and some gadgets including an ezy-level - I fell for the demo display but I love gadgets! :roll:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IsuOewsPmo
which I will use with one of these - which I also picked up at the same time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4JQV15VzBc

Best vans for my taste at the show - Universal (Loved the Hollywood and Broadway), Roadstar, Roma and Royal Flair. We were particularly interested in the 22' - 24' vans with slide-outs so it was great to view the range on offer in the one spot.
Might go again next year...
cheers
Jdog

Return to “Events & Exhibitions”