View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Tolilet Cleaning 

Post Tolilet Cleaning
Hi All

This subject may have been covered before but will ask again.
What is the best way to clean the toilet cassette?
Is it best to leave for a few days or clean straight away?
We have a build on the insides of the cassette and would like to try to get it off if possible.

Cheers

Bygrave

Tue May 03, 2011 7:13 am

Post Re: Tolilet Cleaning
Clean it straight away and use some Generic Brand Nappy Soaker....Woolies or Coles for preference.

Use a good cap full or 2 and let it sit for a day or two and repeat the process if necessary.

I also use a good soak with the Nappy Soaker in the bowl as well to clean it and keep it refreshed.

Tue May 03, 2011 10:06 am

I will back that advice, I have been using Coles generic and it is fantastic, all the gunge gone and I didnt even have to scrub it.

I use the nappy cleaner instead of the pink and green crap the maker recommends and there is no smell either.

The main ingredient is sodium percarbonate which releases oxygen that breaks down the bacteria

Tue May 03, 2011 7:57 pm

Anyone got a cheap alternative to toilet cassette chemical, would appreciate any suggestions Cheers
Hughk2 :confused: :confused:

Mon May 16, 2011 2:20 pm

Use woolies or coles cheap nappy soakers . I used the green and pink ones when i had a toilet tent , but couldn't stand the smell of the green one in the van bathroom (i can't stand the smell of it at the camping shops) I tried Bio magic and those white dissolving tablet things .I have been using nappy soaker for about 4 years and very happy with it.

Mon May 16, 2011 4:42 pm

Sandy & Don wrote:
Use woolies or coles cheap nappy soakers . I used the green and pink ones when i had a toilet tent , but couldn't stand the smell of the green one in the van bathroom (i can't stand the smell of it at the camping shops) I tried Bio magic and those white dissolving tablet things .I have been using nappy soaker for about 4 years and very happy with it.

Thanks for tip, will certainly give it a try. Cheers
Hugh & June :)

Mon May 16, 2011 6:08 pm

A cap full dissolved in 1/2 litre warm water into the cassette just when you are ready to use it is best. You can also add another cap full on the second/third day if the toilet is having some heavy use.

Mon May 16, 2011 6:28 pm

Been using Home Brand Nappy Treatment for 2 years with good squeeze Cousins Morning Fresh dish washing liquid in cassette and top tank. Quick wiz of the flush pump prior to using gives bowl a slippery lining. Lots of fat in no1's and no2's and dish washing detergent breaks all down and prevents sticking to sides. When you rinse out is spotlessly clean and sparkling inside cassette. Use 2 level caps with 1L of water. Was told to use Cousins Morning Fresh as it did not kill the sodium percarbonate. Only kept to the advice I read elsewhere and stuck to it as it works.
Would not go back to using other toilet chemicals and found Home Brand Nappy treatment and Cousins far more effective than Bio Magic and cassette and bowl stays clean.

Tue May 17, 2011 2:48 pm

Do you use the nappy soaker instead of the chemicals for the porta loo? at the moment have porta potty for holidays, but when we go full time will want to use toilet in van. :rolleyes:

Sat May 21, 2011 4:57 pm

We have used the following 'brew' instead of chemicals in our Thedford with great results:

To clean and disinfect cassette: After emptying and rinsing cassette, dissolve one capful of Nappy soaker (Coles or Woolworths Brand, preferably) in about 300ml hot water, add three or four drops eucalyptus oil and a squirt of Morning Fresh detergent and pour into cassette.

For cleaning toilet: Place ½ cap nappy soaker in a jug, add a squirt of Morning Fresh, top up with warm to hot water and pour into a spray bottle. After flushing, spray a small amount in the toilet bowl; apart from freshening the bowl, the Morning Fresh will help lubricate the seal.
This ‘brew’ can also be used to clean seat, lid etc.

A spray of olive oil in the bowl will prevent waste from sticking to sides of bowl.

Room deodoriser: 1 teaspoon Bicarb soda, 1 tablespoon white vinegar in 1 litre of water and use in a spray bottle

Kevin & Jan

Sat May 21, 2011 7:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next