Mine..

Here's your opportunity to brag about your rig! Share your info about your rig, how you've modified it and all the nitty-gritty.
fatninja
Getting the hang of it

Re: Mine..

Post by fatninja » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:07 pm

Yea well, as it happened last Australia Day I was given this obviously Chinese made resemblance of an Australian flag at our local celebrations, as we had my mate with us as others also did he joined in and wore it, my bad.
If I can find out how seeing it is taken as offensive I will delete the post, no problem with me or him.
2016 Ford Territory

1998 Roadstar Vacationer

fatninja
Getting the hang of it

Post by fatninja » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:11 pm

My apologies Glanyard, I cannot find how to delete on here, so I have now contacted the moderators and asked them to delete the post.
2016 Ford Territory

1998 Roadstar Vacationer

glanyard
Rising star

Post by glanyard » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:37 am

Old Techo wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:25 pm
glanyard wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:59 am
It is a pity you don't love the flag as you do dogs.
They should not be used as capes or be allowed to fall to the ground.
Glannie,

Is that a legal or moral rule?

I don't think I've every had a flag in my possession and certainly not aware of any rules.... other than don't burn them.
OT,
It really is a rule but one should always respect the flag as one respects ones country as it is a symbol of who we are and where we came from. People who wear thongs with the flag on them are actually disrespecting the flag as they are walking on it.
Oh and flying them upside down is not a signal of distress, it is just a stuffup.
glanyard
2014 Isuzu D-Max twin cab ute
2006 5.5 metre Golden Eagle Mini Mi rear entry van

Lance
Rising star

Post by Lance » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:50 am

After a quick look I can't find any legalities regarding the flying and/or treatment of the Australian Flag.
There is a set of 'Protocols' designed by the Govt. to explain correct management of our flag in particular situations and circumstances.

https://www.pmc.gov.au/government/austr ... -protocols

It basically comes down to showing respect.
Lance & Anne
......always on the lookout for places & dates for Folk/Blues Music Festivals

SLWB HiAce Campervan
600kg home build TearDrop Camper

Ancient Mariner
Avid poster

Post by Ancient Mariner » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:08 am

Glannie
As a returned vet I agree with your comments, unfortunately a lot of people do not understand the significance of the flag as we do.
Graham

Frank & Brenda
Major contributor
Location: Aldinga Beach SA (in the Fleurieu peninsula)12 Mistubishi Triton, 1996 J-co DISCOVERY 18' poptop

Post by Frank & Brenda » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:18 pm

Ancient Mariner wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:08 am
Glannie
As a returned vet I agree with your comments, unfortunately a lot of people do not understand the significance of the flag as we do.
Graham
Correct and anybody making a mistake can be shown the way
If they choose not to respect it as we do that is their choice as long as they are not being malicious about it
And OT, burning a flag is the correct way of disposing of a flag that is no longer intact eg torn or tattered
I burn a flag roughly every 2 years, wel actually i melt one because these days they don't burn, when they are bo longer recognizable as a flag, then it goes in the bin
Throwing a flag in the bin is disrespectful
PS the"offending" photo must have been removed as I can't see it, I can't see the photo in the first post either

Edit, well there you go lance has another way (below) that I hadnt seen, burning it WAS the only correct procedure they must have made the other because of the difference in material

Lance
Rising star

Post by Lance » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:28 pm

From my link posted at 10.50am...........

When the material of a flag deteriorates it may either be placed in a permanent place of storage or should be destroyed privately and in a dignified way such as cutting it into small unrecognisable pieces, placing it in an appropriate sealed bag or closed container and then putting it in the normal rubbish collection. An outline for an optional flag retirement ceremony is provided below.

We often see sports ppl caping a flag on a victory run, is that acceptable?
I dunno...... :confused:

Flag burning is not illegal, it is generally done in 'protest' of something
Personally I don't see it as a respectful way of flag disposal.
Lance & Anne
......always on the lookout for places & dates for Folk/Blues Music Festivals

SLWB HiAce Campervan
600kg home build TearDrop Camper

Frank & Brenda
Major contributor
Location: Aldinga Beach SA (in the Fleurieu peninsula)12 Mistubishi Triton, 1996 J-co DISCOVERY 18' poptop

Post by Frank & Brenda » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:29 pm

glanyard wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:37 am
Old Techo wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:25 pm
glanyard wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:59 am
It is a pity you don't love the flag as you do dogs.
They should not be used as capes or be allowed to fall to the ground.
Glannie,

Is that a legal or moral rule?

I don't think I've every had a flag in my possession and certainly not aware of any rules.... other than don't burn them.
OT,
It really is a rule but one should always respect the flag as one respects ones country as it is a symbol of who we are and where we came from. People who wear thongs with the flag on them are actually disrespecting the flag as they are walking on it.
Oh and flying them upside down is not a signal of distress, it is just a stuffup.
glanyard
Glannie, I don't see it that way because the flag is not on the ground, it's against their foot, the sole of the thong is not printed with the flag for that reason
Wearing the flag as a Cape is wrapping yourself in the flag, wrapping yourself in its protection
So once again it is a perception thing
I have no problem with either, I would have a problem with someone stomping one into the ground and told a guy who was flying his flag upside down to turn it around
I served under that flag, it flies proudly in my front yard 24/7, yes it's lit up, and it flies on the van when we set up, I will not have it disrespected

Gerry M
Cracked the big time

Post by Gerry M » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:43 pm

Well, as we have gone completely off topic.

While in Turkey a number of years back, a local asked why my young people wear the Australian Flag while getting drunk.

Totally disrespects both the flag and ANZACs.
2015 Isuzu MU-X LST
16 Ft Billabong Grove

glanyard
Rising star

Post by glanyard » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:28 pm

Ancient Mariner wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:08 am
Glannie
Graham
Graham,
If at least everyone on this forum was to read and absorb the information in Lance's supplied link, that would be great start; the info there says most of it.
The day will come when a politician will put forward a bill to make all those in the link acceptable as an act. Then certain types in this country will be liable to prosecution when they burn or otherwise desecrate the symbol of our nation.
2014 Isuzu D-Max twin cab ute
2006 5.5 metre Golden Eagle Mini Mi rear entry van

Return to “You and your RV”