If you have a rearview mirror monitor read on

Got some hints, tips and ideas about making life on the road easier? Post them here and help everyone out.
TramcarTrev
Cracked the big time

If you have a rearview mirror monitor read on

Post by TramcarTrev » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:56 pm

This is more of a non reflective idea than a bright idea.
I like the rearview mirror monitor because its always where your eyes go by habit when your driving, to the rear vision mirror

The problem I found is that to be a mirror they have to be reflective and I cant quite angle mine so it does not pick up any reflections while the view behind the van is played out

What I have done is cut a piece of non reflective glass that I use in picture frames to the size of the monitor and made up some clips out of brass strip. The clips are held by UV curing adhesive but I could have used super glue….
Some non reflective glass is double sided some is single sided make sure the non reflective side faces you

It works, the image is clear and there are no reflections and when I want to use the mirror I just slide it off the monitor and will store it in the drivers door pouch.

I recon a bit of glass cut to size is at most going to cost you $10 and maybe a few $ at a hobby shop for the brass strip.
DSCF1657 (Small).JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Blogs;

http://trevs-tramway.blogspot.com.au/
I do have a travel blog for Australia and Asia. Acess it through my profile.

Frank & Brenda
Major contributor
Location: Aldinga Beach SA (in the Fleurieu peninsula)12 Mistubishi Triton, 1996 J-co DISCOVERY 18′ poptop

Re: If you have a rearview mirror monitor read on

Post by Frank & Brenda » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:02 pm

Great idea but I have to do the whole rear window of the Triton in nonreflective stuff

The back window is straight up and down so when I drive at night the lights of the vehicles coming towards me are reflected in the window and I see them in the rear view mirror so I know there is nothing coming behind me but suddenly there are lights in the mirror moving from left to right and it’s quite offputing

Return to “Bright Ideas”