New to the C&M forum? Post here to introduce yourself to the gang!
Bazooka
I'm new, be nice!

Post by Bazooka » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:42 am

G'day All, we have been caravanning on and off since 2001 and our latest venture has been with our 2012 Jayco Discovery 17.55-4 Poptop. We have just concluded a 14-week trip up the coast from Hervey Bay to Cooktown then down to Charters Towers, out to Winton, across to Emerald and down through Monto before sadly ending this journey. We look forward to exchanging information/experiences in the future.

Cheers Barry and Annie
2012 Jayco Discovery 17.55-4. 12DY

rredbeak
Major contributor

Re: Newbie

Post by rredbeak » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:12 am

Hi Bazooka,
Welcome to our Family n the greatest forum out there..see you've been around too. lots of questions here I'm sure you'll offer suggestions to as well. Cheers Rod
Living the Dream,See You Out Here Folks..OFF TOPIC IS OK IN ANY OF MY POSTS.MY FaceBook, Robby N Jones
Image Image Image Image

Bazooka
I'm new, be nice!

Post by Bazooka » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:18 pm

rredbeak wrote:Hi Bazooka,
Welcome to our Family n the greatest forum out there..see you've been around too. lots of questions here I'm sure you'll offer suggestions to as well. Cheers Rod
Hi Rod and thanks for the welcome. I'm sure there is still plenty for us to learn even though we've done some lengthy 'van trips over the years including two to WA in different rigs. We're planning to go over again next year - short way over but the long way back. Gotta do it while the do-ings are do-able!

Cheers mate.

Frank & Brenda
Major contributor
Location: Aldinga Beach SA (in the Fleurieu peninsula)12 Mistubishi Triton, 1996 J-co DISCOVERY 18' poptop

Post by Frank & Brenda » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:59 pm

Welcome to the forum
We've just been to your poart of the world covering 11200km in 16 weeks left Adelaide on tge 12th of June and got home yesterday
Our first time to Qld
This is a friendly place where most subjects are discussed in a friendly manner

dieseltojo
Major contributor

Post by dieseltojo » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:07 pm

Welcome to the forum Barry and Annie. :)
I now have to note that I cannot accept owners ship, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

Bazooka
I'm new, be nice!

Post by Bazooka » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:19 pm

Frank & Brenda wrote:Welcome to the forum
We've just been to your poart of the world covering 11200km in 16 weeks left Adelaide on tge 12th of June and got home yesterday
Our first time to Qld
This is a friendly place where most subjects are discussed in a friendly manner
Hi Frank and Brenda - thanks for the welcome. You certainly covered some ground on your 16 week trip and there's certainly a lot to see in Qld. We were astounded by the number of vans/motorhomes on the road this trip. We really had no idea. The dust hasn't settled here yet since we got back but we're already looking forward to next year when we will cover close to 15,000k's over around 16 weeks. Roll on Easter '18.

Cheers Barry.

Bazooka
I'm new, be nice!

Post by Bazooka » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:30 pm

dieseltojo wrote:Welcome to the forum Barry and Annie. :)
Hi diezeltojo - thanks for the welcome. Once we settle back in to our 'normal' routine I'm sure to be delving into the forum for pearls of wisdom. Sorting out a soft-start capacitor for our Heron Q Mk IV split system will be first cab off the rank. I'll be flat out for a couple of weeks from now, but I'll be on to that as soon as I can.

Cheers Baz

Return to “FIRST STOP!.... Say G'Day ... introduce yourself”