Introducing ourselves

New to the C&M forum? Post here to introduce yourself to the gang!
Aus-Steve
I'm new, be nice!

Introducing ourselves

Post by Aus-Steve » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:59 pm

Hi all, my wife Lorna & I (Stephen) are a couple of years past retirement age and retired. We purchased our first full caravan last July in preparation for doing a 12 month lap. We had previously owned a Goldstream camper van followed by an 18' Jayco Expanda Outback. The caravan is a new 20'6" Montana Voyage Extreme, we've had three trips to date, the furthest being up to Carnarvon Gorge Qld from home on the mid north coast of NSW & all went well for a total of 3300 kms. We love the van.
I'm currently awaiting both knees being replaced around August and following a successful recuperation we'll be off, hopefully around October. I'm looking forward to reading & learning from the experience of others. Thanks for adding me.

rredbeak
Major contributor

Re: Introducing ourselves

Post by rredbeak » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:36 pm

Hi Aus-Steve,

Welcome to our family. n the greatest forum.. Rod..
Living the Dream,See You Out Here Folks..OFF TOPIC IS OK IN ANY OF MY POSTS.MY FaceBook, Robby N Jones
Image Image Image Image

Stuartandjan
Been here for a while

Post by Stuartandjan » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:47 am

Welcome to the forum. We are off to the Atherton Tablelands next week and will be returning via Carnarvon Gorge.

glanyard
Rising star

Post by glanyard » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:28 am

Aus-Steve wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:59 pm
Hi all, my wife Lorna & I (Stephen) are a couple of years past retirement age and retired. We purchased our first full caravan last July in preparation for doing a 12 month lap. We had previously owned a Goldstream camper van followed by an 18' Jayco Expanda Outback. The caravan is a new 20'6" Montana Voyage Extreme, we've had three trips to date, the furthest being up to Carnarvon Gorge Qld from home on the mid north coast of NSW & all went well for a total of 3300 kms. We love the van.
I'm currently awaiting both knees being replaced around August and following a successful recuperation we'll be off, hopefully around October. I'm looking forward to reading & learning from the experience of others. Thanks for adding me.
Steve,
I can send you diaries on our "2008 around the block" and last years 20,000 kms trip from Brisbane to WA and return, if you are interested. If you want photos as well I can send them too.
PM you email address to me.
glanyard
2014 Isuzu D-Max twin cab ute
2006 5.5 metre Golden Eagle Mini Mi rear entry van

dieseltojo
Major contributor

Post by dieseltojo » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:17 pm

Hi Lorna & Stephen. Sound like you are doing well.
I now have to note that I cannot accept ownership, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

Return to “FIRST STOP!.... Say G'Day ... introduce yourself”