It is currently Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Gday 

Post Gday
Hi all, quick one to introduce myself.
Live in SA, married with 2 young kids and have bought an 86 songbird to renovate. Have had the bug bite hard as we had a jayco jayswan that we fully renovated and then sold after one trip away..so now its on to the caravan! Has a bit of water damage around the front and rear frame ends that Im slowly fixing. Its all timber frame so easy enough to repair, just time consuming with kids, school hols and work! Our end goal is to slowly trade our way up to a better van! Made a good profit off the jayswan which is financing the reno on the caravan.

Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:08 pm

Post Re: Gday
Hi Shipwreck,
Welcome to the forum, sounds like you are doing what a friend of mine is doing with houses, doing a reno and slowly stepping up to better and better.
If you are handy why not.

JR
:razz:

Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:37 pm

J.REEVES wrote:
Hi Shipwreck,
Welcome to the forum, sounds like you are doing what a friend of mine is doing with houses, doing a reno and slowly stepping up to better and better.
If you are handy why not.

JR
:razz:

Cheers..problem is Im not that handy! measure once..cut twice then head to bunnings for more wood coz I stuff it up!!

Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:52 pm

Done that a few times myself....return trip to Bunnings that is....welcome shipwreck.

Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:03 pm

Hi shipwreck,
You probably found this site by accident then. Welcome.

I now have to note that I cannot accept owners ship, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:30 pm

dieseltojo wrote:
Hi shipwreck,
You probably found this site by accident then. Welcome.

Well..now that you mention it..I was searching on how to build overhead cupboards and this site popped up!
Thanks for the welcome

Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:39 pm

Just joined, should have done it a long while ago. we have just finished a six month circle of the block using a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with a 21' tandem Off-road on the back. All went well after I reconstructed the inside of the van. Seems all the screws were too small and fell out, draws dropped, microwave nearly fell out, inside stove glass jumped up and broke. the list goes on! The manufacturer closed down and the bloke I bought it off sold out! No warranty after that. Whilst away I purchased a wind Deflector and fitted it to the front of the basket. I know, the wrong spot, but that is where it fitted. Am now looking to fit it to the rear roof rack connection point and am worried the point is not strong enough. I have seen it connect in the Magazine to 2 Jeeps, , one in 241 and another which Fred had with the Cherry Jeep. Does any one know how to connect it as the connection point is one 5mm screw each side?

Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:17 am

Location: Aldinga Beach SA (in the Fleurieu peninsula)12 Mistubishi Triton, 1996 J-co DISCOVERY 18' poptop
Brandydry, Welcome to the forum, I don
t know the mounting points on the Jeep ( you had to buy a Jeep didn't you ;-) ) but I did see one fitted to 2 roof racks at the rear of the vehicle and some aluminium bars for support

Shipwreck, welcome to the forum also from another crow eater we're i Aldinga, the good side of Adelaide :lol:

we sold an 80 Jayco songbird (our 3rd van) 2 years ago and bought a 94 Jayco discovery have done renos to most our vans and made profits on them

BLOGS
http://www.adelaidetoperthviadarwin.blogspot.com
http://www.tassietour.blogspot.com
http://thewesternadventure.blogspot.com/

Also member of Travellers chat

Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:39 am

Hi Shipwreck,
welcome to the family n forum..cheers rod

Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:37 am

Frank and Brenda, thanks for the welcome. Yes I live on the good side of Adelaide too, just a bit further south than you..at Normanville. Your songbird looks the same as mine..so might have to ask a few questions as the build goes on! Just have the back end to redo and then build some new overhead cupboards. Will post up some pics once I get organised.

Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next